Contadina Food Recipes
December 04, 2016
RECIPE: YUMMY #FlavorsOfContadina SPAGHETTI & MEATBALL BITES
Recently, I was one of the bloggers to be invited to a one-of-a-kind grocery shopping experience and was asked to think of a recipe that we would cook for Nigella Lawson, Domestic Goddess and the face of Contadina Philippines.
We were treated to a supermarket raid in Robinsons Selection at the Venice Piazza. This allowed us to source the ingredients we need for our recipes, including the aisles that carry Contadina products.
Contadina's products range from pasta sauces, variations of tomatoes, olive oil, and pasta- the essentials of mediterranean cooking. There were so many recipes I was thinking of doing because with Contadina products, there is just so much possibilities. So watch out for more recipe posts.
I decided to make Spaghetti and Meatballs because it is one of my all-time favorite to eat. It's a comforting meal, easy to put together, and loaded with flavor. This recipe turns the traditional meal into party-ready, individual servings of spaghetti and meatballs muffin bites.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook spaghetti until very al dente, 8 minutes (noodles will continue to cook in oven). Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss cooled spaghetti with 2 beaten eggs, shredded mozzarella, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, and 1 cup Contadina Formaggio Pasta Sauce.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and nest spaghetti inside. Using the bottom of a shot glass, firmly press down to create a well.
- Bake until set, 15 minutes. Let cool. (If nests puffed up while baking, press down again with shot glass.)
- While spaghetti cups bake, make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, garlic, remaining egg, remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Roll into balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Brown meatballs, 4 minutes per side, then drain fat. Pour over remaining 2 cups Contadina Formaggio Pasta Sauce and let simmer, 5 minutes.
- Spoon meatball onto spaghetti nest. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley.
I hope you all enjoy them as much as my family does.
You can check out other posts or share your own flavorful dishes on social media with the hashtag #FlavorsOfContadina
Contadina products are available in supermarkets near you! The brand, known for its use of rich, quality ingredients sourced from the world's most fertile regions, is now available across the country.