Drinks Health Healthy Healthy Tips Old Orchard
December 04, 2016
Old Orchard Cranberry’s 5 Simple Lifestyle Tweaks for a Healthier Lifestyle
Striving for a healthier lifestyle can be refreshing and easily achieved with the help of the American juice brand, Old Orchard Cranberry Juice. Did you know that Cranberries are distinguished in the nutrition world because they boast various health benefits? This gives consumers better options and alternatives on how to care for their bodies and live a healthy lifestyle.
One of the main health benefits of drinking Cranberry Juice is that it helps prevent Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) from occurring and worsening, as cranberries are a rich source of Flavonoid and Phytonutrient contents called hippuric acid and proanthocyanidin, which provide antioxidant and antimicrobial benefits. Considering that UTI is one of the 2nd most common infections in the body, it’s amazing that a small fruit like cranberry could help prevent infection and permanent damage to the kidneys if not taken care of. So if you’re looking for other ways to give your urinary system some TLC, take heed of these advices from Philippine-USA registered dietitian-nutritionist Cheshire Que, RDN:
1. Level up your hydration status. “It is human nature to seek water in variety of forms to quench thirst and cool the skin simply because the body is made up of 45 to 75 percent of water”, asserts Que. However, this simple tip is harder than you think since it takes discipline and conscious effort on a daily basis. “Water helps flush out bacteria that saves your bladder from infections, so keep yourself hydrated throughout the day by consciously drinking water whether or not you are thirsty. We can also add various types of beverages aside from water, but practice moderation on drinking liquids that contain sugar, fat, and alcohol,” adds Que.
2. Prioritize your “pee” time. We’ve heard it many times before and let us say this again: Don’t put off your pee the moment you feel it as to prevent bacteria from colonizing in your bladder. Que prescribes: “Urinating helps regulate blood pressure and removes the body’s waste product called urea--so fully emptying your bladder with adequate fluid intake can ward off not just UTI but kidney stone formation”.
3. Practice good hygiene. Unfortunately, women are more prone to UTI than men so ladies should learn this technique on how to properly keep their nether region clean: Wipe your intimate area from front to back all the time and opt for a cotton underwear since it’s more breathable than any material.
4. Give your immune system a boost. Different external factors such as stress happens and can take a toll on our mind and body, which compromises our immunity. That’s why Que’s advice is to load up on nutrient-rich foods such as citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, and berries coupled with at least 7 hours of sleep and exercise that help strengthen your defense against bacterial infection.
5. Sip cranberry juice. Don’t get bogged down thinking that cranberries are just for your cocktails; cranberry juice is one of the best diuretics out there. It’s also good to know that drinking cranberry for UTI isn’t just an old wives’ tale. According to Que, “Cranberries contain phytochemicals and antioxidants that help prevent UTI. Its bioactive compounds called proanthocynidins flush out bacteria, specifically E. Coli.”
Old Orchard Cranberry Juices are grown, harvested, and packed in a modern facility in Michigan, USA, where the great-tasting and perfect blends of juices are whipped up daily. You can be sure that every drop is healthy and stable before even reaching your glasses. Old Orchard Cranberry Juice is available in 3 delicious variants: Cranberry, Apple Cranberry and Cranberry Raspberry. There are also diabetic-friendly variants that contain 75% less sugar and only 20 calories: Healthy Balance Cranberry and Healthy Apple Balance. Coupled with a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, there is no shortage of fun and flavorful ways of protecting and loving your bladder while nourishing your whole family.
Fly Ace Corporation is one of the leading food and beverage consumer goods companies in the country today. Propelling limitless multiple-category growth by bringing the best of the world closer to Filipino consumers, Fly Ace Corporation’s portfolio of food and beverage products includes house brands and exclusively distributed brands. To learn more about Fly Ace, visit www.flyacecorp.com
Old Orchard is available in leading supermarkets and drugstores nationwide. For more updates, visit and like its official Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/OldOrchardPH